Male Team Leader Adults – LD/Autism TMR Birmingham – Bedworth, Warwickshire
ARE YOU EXPEREIENCED SENIOR/ TEAM LEADER AND HOLD NVQ LEVEL 3?
We are recruiting for a Team Leader for our supported living services for Adults with Learning Disabilities:
To enable people with disabilities and associated needs to improve and maintain the quality of their life by:
- Support and supervision of staff and acting as Shift leader.
- Support in achieving daily living skills
- Identifying and meeting the needs of Individuals
- Developing and maintaining relationships with Service Users, staff and the local community
- Positively encouraging choices in keeping with the rights of people with a Learning Disability required.
- To work additional hours when authorised and as necessitated by the needs of the business and take part in on-call.
- Assisting with providing a needs-led service in keeping with the aims and objectives of the service.
- Participating and assisting with defined care plans encouraging individuals to take an active role in all aspects of daily living.
- Attending training on topics which relates to behaviour support and autism spectrum conditions (ASC).
- Communicate in a polite and professional way with the people we support and their relatives, other organisations, staff within the company, and other professionals
- Provide a customer-oriented service
- Undertake other duties from time to time as required by the Manager of the Service
- After successful training and assessment of competence around the administration of medicines, and assess support workers competencies strictly in accordance with the policies and procedures.
- Maintain customer confidentiality in accordance with our data protection policy and procedure.
- Maintain an awareness of own developmental needs and undertake training as necessary.
- Carry out duties in compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and subsequent Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensure compliance in relation to our regulators CQC by providing an open and transparent service in relation to care and treatment of people that use our services
- Reporting any service needs of whatever nature to your line manager.
- Ensuring that all relevant documentation is completed and accurate.
- Ensure all policies and procedures allocated to the home are followed.
- Ensure all staff receive appropriate training and competency assessments to ensure they are safe to complete their roles.
- Ensure supervisions and observations of practice are completed on a monthly basis. Where there are shortfalls, ensure the performance management procedure is followed.
- Ensure all new team members gain a thorough induction, in line with the care certificate and their competence is assessed regularly.
Some of our roles require drivers and male or female employees only, where this is indicated this is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £9.45 /hour
if you are interested please forward your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org