Behaviour Support Worker – Birmingham
Behaviour Support Worker
Reports to:Behavioural Manager
Purpose:To provide a Positive Behaviour Support service to people with learning disabilities and autism spectrum conditions, to improve the quality of services for people who engage in behaviour that challenges, and to support the manager and other team members in the management of complex needs.
Customer Service and Organisational
· Assist, implement and monitor Positive Behaviour Support interventions that improve quality of life and minimize or eliminate behaviour that challenges under the guidance of the manager of the service.
· Support Midway Care Group in the area of behaviour support, restrictive practices, and DoLS and ensure these reflect national guidelines, regulatory requirements, and sector best practice.
· Support the services provided by Midway Care group are compliant with respect to behaviour support interventions, DoLS, and physical interventions.
· Attending training on topics which relates to behaviour support and autism spectrum conditions (ASC).
· Implementation of activity plans, communication plans and behaviour support plans that are person centred.
· Communicate in a polite and professional way with the people we support and their relatives, other organisations, staff within Midway Care Group, and other professionals
· Communicate effectively over the phone, face to face and by email.
· Provide a customer-oriented service
· To attend multi-disciplinary meetings, reviews and represent the company in a professional manner.
Key result areas
· Work flexible hours as required by the organisation including weekend, sleep-in and night duty as required.
· Assist in reviewing service users and their behaviours
· Supporting transitions of services users into Midway Care
· Carry out your duties in the way that you have been trained. Work within the parameters of the Support Plan.
· Encouraging and supporting a lifestyle which facilitates spiritual, physical, psychological, cultural and social needs of the individual.
· Being responsible for and assisting service users with all aspects of a household nature as required. (Including cleaning, cooking, laundry, etc.)
· Enabling individuals to develop and maintain relationships within their home and local community.
· Maintain accurate, up-to-date systems and manage your own time and caseload effectively.
mileage over 40 miles PAID, covering various services across the west midlands.
Driver essential and needs to have experience with managing challenging behaviours as well as minimum NVQ level 2
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £9.45 to £9.95 /hour