Corporate Social Responsibility
Being present in our local community
At TMR, we believe that corporate social responsibility (CSR) is a way for us to give back to the community and reduce the impact that we have on the environment as a company.
We think it is something that every company should at least be aware of, even if they don’t actively make the decision to give back. It is also our way of telling our local community and the people within it that they are important to us and that we appreciate being a part of their lives. We embed our ethics principles into everything that we do, and CSR is a large part of that.
Why do we invest our time?
We believe that improving our understanding within our community will allow us to sustain our success, working together with other local companies to keep our community nurtured and thriving.
We also believe that we have a responsibility to minimise our impact on the environment and take an active role in minimising climate change.
Caring about issues bigger than the company has helped us to attract and retain the best kind of employees for our company, employees who want to make a difference and care about the impact they have as an individual.
How we invest our time
We reduce our environmental impact by:
- Reducing all our transportation requirements wherever possible and utilizing public transport and such facilities as web-ex and conference call facilities
- By using vehicles that are regularly serviced and checked with regards to their emission levels and economically use their fuel
- Sourcing and buying locally to save fuel costs wherever possible
- Ensuring all lights and equipment is switched off when not required
- Ensuring that water is used efficiently
- Using scrap paper for drafts and notes
- Printing in mono and double sided wherever possible
- Recycling all waste (shredding all business documentation)
- Sourcing recycled materials wherever possible
- Working like-minded suppliers who take steps to minimize their environmental impact
Our work with the local community involves:
- Working and supporting local charities
- Encouraging volunteer work in community activities
- Supporting local schools
We share these principles with every member of staff at TMR, the results of which can be seen throughout our work. We monitor and tailor these principles annually, to ensure they are kept relevant and up-to-date.
If you have any questions regarding our CSR policy, please contact Rob Taylor, our Onsite Incumbent Services Team Director on 0115 824 7777. Thank you.